The Francis Wain Jewellers website aims wherever possible to replicate the experience you will receive in any of our stores. The following terms and conditions should be read with care.
By continuing to use this website, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions of use. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions please exit this website immediately.
- All transactions on this website shall be governed according to English law and any disputes shall be subject to the jurisprudence in the English Courts.
- We can only accept and fulfil orders on this website for delivery within the United Kingdom (including the Channel Islands & the Isle of Man). For overseas customers please contact email@example.com
- All measurements are approximate.
- Images may not be to scale and the colours shown are as accurate as current technology allows.
- All prices are Pounds Sterling and include VAT at the prevailing rate.
- We reserve the right to change product specifications and designs from time to time. We will, however notify you of any changes when replying to your queries or orders.
- No contract will subsist between yourselves and FWJ for the purchase of any item(s) unless and until you have received confirmation of your order. At that point there will be legally binding contract between yourself and FWJ under these terms and conditions. We will take payment for your order immediately and the goods will not be dispatched until receipt of payment.
- Order can be placed using our Customer service line 01553 774499 Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.
- We accept American Express, Visa, MasterCard, Switch, Delta, Maestro and Credit Transfer
- E & OE
Product & Price Policy
We always make every effort to ensure that descriptions and prices displayed on our website are accurate and up to date. If however a discrepancy should occur we apply the following policies:
- If the correct price is lower than that shown at time of ordering, we will charge you the lower price and the product will be dispatched.
- If the correct price is higher than that shown at time of ordering, we will at our discretion either contact you to ascertain if you wish to proceed with the order or cancel the order and inform you via email.
All prices shown on the website are in Pounds Sterling and inclusive of VAT.
All and any other import duties or taxes payable in any non-United Kingdom jurisdiction is your responsibility
Products shown for sale on our website are always offered subject to availability. Because we pride ourselves on stocking the unusual, items of jewellery can go out of stock before we’re able to make the relevant changes on our website.
If a product is unavailable at the time of your order, we will contact you either by 'phone or email.
Sale items are defined as those which have been on sale at a higher price during the last 6 months for at least 14 consecutive days either on our website or in one of our stores. An alternative selection of discontinued items is offered on our website to that offered in our stores and the pricing policy is independent. Online offers will not necessarily be available in our stores.
Processing of order and payment policy
As soon as you have carried out your purchase online, we will confirm to you the order details and our acceptance of your order via email.
At that point a binding agreement will exist between us under our terms and conditions.
We will take payment for your order immediately - goods will not be dispatched until this is completed. Whilst we are not obliged to do so, we would, under normal circumstances, accept the order where the product is available and the order reflects the current price and also your debit/credit card payment is approved and accepted by your debit/credit card company.
Here at Francis Wain Jewellers we pride ourselves on the high level of customer service we offer to our customers. Because of this, we ask that customers living outside of the United Kingdom contact our customer service team if they wish to make a purchase from our website so that we are able to deal with your enquiry and delivery of your purchase as efficiently as possible.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
We regret we can only accept orders from persons aged eighteen and over.
In addition to our online ordering service, orders can also be placed via our customer service line on 01553 774499 between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday.
How to pay
We accept all major credit and debit cards with no additional charge
Items cannot be paid for by cheque
We do not sell or accept Gift cards for use on the website
Security of Funds
By using Sage Pay, we are ensuring that your card details are not compromised. Sage Pay encrypt every transaction to the highest global standards. Their secure systems are scanned and audited regularly by one of the world’s leading Qualified Security Assessors (QSA) so that you can be confident about using us to make a secure payment online. Sage Pay also automatically provides us with fraud prevention tools — what that means for you is that if your card has been compromised somewhere else, we are using technology that will help to prevent your details from being illegally used on our site.
General Terms and conditions
When using this website you accept that you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and responsible for preventing un-authorised access to your account.
You must indemnify and hold us harmless or any of our directors, officers, employees or agents against all loss, actions, proceedings, costs, expenses (including legal fees), claims and damages arising from your access to and use of this website.
Licence and copyright for accessing the website
You are granted a limited, non-exclusive license to access and make personal use of this website
All content of this website is the property of Francis Wain Jewellers or its suppliers. All purchasers have their permission to copy and print electronically sections of the website for their personal use only. Printing, downloading, automated data gathering and copying for any other purpose is strictly prohibited without the written permission of Francis Wain Jewellers
True data input
When you register with this website you warrant that the personal information you provide is true, accurate and current at all times
It is your responsibility to update any changes to this information.
You agree not to impersonate any other person or entity or to use false personal information that you are not authorised to use.
Termination by us
We reserve the right to terminate the order whereupon you will no longer be entitled to the goods if:
- You have made any misrepresentation to us
- In the event of any misrepresentation to us you must return the order to us via Royal Mail Special Delivery or such other mode of delivery acceptable by our insurer at your own expense and risk within five working days of us notifying you in writing of our intention to terminate the contract ensuring that the Goods are packaged adequately to prevent damage in transit and if we notify you of our intention to terminate your contract but we have already processed the Goods for delivery you must not unpack the Goods when they are received by you. If you prefer us to arrange collection we will make arrangements with our carriers and deduct the cost of carriage (which is equivalent to the dispatch carriage cost) from your refund of the order
- If we do not deliver to your area
- We do not have the Goods you ordered in stock
- One or more of the Goods you ordered was listed at an incorrect price due to a typographical error
- You breach these terms and conditions and your contract with us
- You suffer a petition for a bankruptcy order to be presented, or call any meeting of your creditors, or execute any assignment for their benefit
- You have a poor fraudulent score or credit rating
- Once we have notified you that we are terminating your order, any sum debited by us from your credit card (less any ancillary costs we incur) will be re-credited to your account as soon as possible and in any event within 30 working days of receipt by us of the goods returned by you and received by us in the condition they were in when delivered to you
- If you do not return to us the Goods delivered to you or you do not pay the cost of delivery within five working days of us notifying you in writing of our intention to terminate the order, we shall be entitled to collect the Goods from you and deduct the direct costs of recovering the Goods from the amount to be re-credited to you. If there is any damage or deterioration in the Goods we will charge you for their reduction in value
- This termination policy does not affect your statutory rights
Protection of trademark and design
We take great pride in our innovative and stylish designs and go to great lengths to create products unique to Francis Wain Jewellers. All our products are protected by domestic and international law against copying and we reserve all of our rights concerning our designs, trademarks and copyrights. Copying of any product in any form is strictly prohibited.
We treat your privacy and the protection of your data very seriously; none of your details will be passed on to a third party.
This website is produced on an "as is" basis and Francis Wain Jewellers. make no warranties or representations of any kind as to its contents or their accuracy or completeness. Francis Wain Jewellers Ltd, its directors, agents or employees will not be held liable for any damages arising out of or in connection with the use of this site. This comprehensive limitation of liability applies to all damages of any kind including, without limitation compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damage, loss of data, income or profit, loss or damage to property and claims of third parties. Any loss incurred by you whilst transmitting information to us by email or internet link shall be entirely your responsibility and Francis Wain Jewellers. shall not be held responsible in any way.
Events beyond our control
Francis Wain Jewellers. will not be held responsible for any delay or failure to comply with our obligations terms and conditions, where that delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond our reasonable control. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
Links, Advertising and promotion
We will at times be linked to other websites and or features in the press. The content of these features may not be under our control and may not necessarily reflect our beliefs or opinions. Therefore we will not be responsible for content of such material.
If at any time you need help with placing an order, advice on the range of products offered on our website or any query regarding payment or indeed any other matter, our Customer Service Team will be available on 01553 774499 Monday - Friday between 9am and 5pm or by email at email@example.com. They will always be delighted to help you.